In celebration of KONG: SKULL ISLAND, Birth.Movies.Death. has a gorgeous, full-color commemorative issue celebrating all things giant monster! In addition to tons of in-depth editorial on King Kong himself, the issue dives into Nacho Vigalondo’s new, surprisingly intimate kaiju film Colossal, as well as such other big (and we mean BIG) bads as Godzilla, King Ghidorah, The Host, a bevy of 50-Foot Women, the kaiju and mechs of Pacific Rim and much, much, much more. We’re talking a skyscraper-sized mag here, people.
Also featured in this issue:
- A huge, revealing interview with KONG: SKULL ISLAND director Jordan Vogt-Roberts
- A terrifically insightful conversation with COLOSSAL director Nacho Vigalondo
- Examinations of British monster movies (THE GIANT BEHEMOTH! THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS! QUEEN KONG!) and American monster movies (THEM! IT CAME FROM BENEATH THE SEA! TREMORS! ANACONDA!)
- Love letters to SON OF KONG and KING KONG ‘76
- Impassioned tributes to Willis H. O’Brien’s ground-shaking special effects and Max Steiner’s all-time score in the original KING KONG
- A brilliant discussion of the monsters within in COLOSSAL
and even MORE. Plus Jay Shaw designed the stunning KONG: SKULL ISLAND cover, and there's spread of Mondo’s most stirring artistic nods to the big guy over the years.
If you love big monsters – wait, what are we saying? Of COURSE you love big monsters. So make sure you get your super-limited copy while the gettin’s good. Pre-Order here.